The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” ? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the A/C system, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, side walks, community pool, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.